ForBitcoin's Terms of Service
The bitty version
- Services that are offered by sellers on ForBitcoin are called "Gigs".
- Gigs on ForBitcoin are offered for fixed prices between 0.2 BTC and 1 BTC.
- Only registered users can buy and sell on ForBitcoin. Registration is free.
- You may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through ForBitcoin.com. Gigs should be ordered using the 'Order Now' button.
- Buyers are granted all rights for the delivered work, unless otherwise specified by the seller in the gig description.
- Each gig you sell and successfully deliver accredits your account a net revenue of the price - 10%.
- Buyers pay ForBitcoin for orders in advance.
- ForBitcoin accredits sellers once an order is complete.
- Sellers may withdraw their revenues to a Bitcoin account of their choice, according to the terms specified below.
- If an order is cancelled (for any reason), the seller's revenues are returned to the buyer.
- Seller's rating is calculated based on feedback received from buyers, amount of orders cancelled and late deliveries.
- When a buyer orders a gig, the seller gets notified by Email.
- Sellers are required to meet the delivery duration they specified when creating their gigs. Failing to do so will permit the buyer to cancel the order and will reduce the seller's rating.
- Both buyers and sellers have the option to cancel an order by mutual agreement. Doing so has no negative effect on either party.
- Unanswered mutual cancellation requests will be automatically accepted after 48 hours, while reducing the non-responding user's rating.
- A Seller may cancel an order at any given moment. However, canceling an order has a negative effect on the seller's rating.
- To protect our users' privacy, user identities should be kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames or any other personal contact details (Other than your name) is not permitted.
- All communications, information and files exchange should be performed exclusively using ForBitcoin's messaging system.
- Posting or sending adult, illegal, rude, abusive, improper, copyright protected, promotional, spam, violent, nonsense or any uncool stuff is strictly prohibited. Doing so will get your account blocked permanently.
Work delivery & communications
- You are responsible to scan all transferred files for viruses and malware. ForBitcoin will not be responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
- Sellers must deliver completed files and/or proof of work using the 'Deliver Completed Work' tab (located in the Order Page).
- Once work is delivered, the buyer has three days to respond. After that time, the order will be marked as complete.
- Withdrawing revenues requires having a valid MtGox account. Please make sure that your Bitcoin wallet is valid before withdrawing funds.
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal after a safety clearance period of 7 days.
- Withdrawals are final and cannot be undone. We will not be able to refund or change this process once it has began.
- Gigs may be purchased using Bitcoins.
- Once payment is confirmed, your order will be created.
- If you have a positive balance, it will be used automatically when ordering new gigs.
- As a buyer, your identity is kept anonymous at all times. To protect your privacy, avoid requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames or any other personal contact information.
- You may not offer or pay using any method of payment other than Bitcoins.
- You may not pay other users directly using their Bitcoin account. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In case of a problem, always try and work things out with your seller. If you need further assistance, contact our customer support.
- Order cancellations (when eligible) can be done by customer support only up to a period of 10 days from order completion date. We will not be able to cancel orders after that time.
- Some of the services on ForBitcoin are delivered physically (arts and crafts, collectable items etc). For this type of gigs, sellers may decide to add additional charges for shipping. Sellers can add shipping prices for local shipping (the country from which the gig is sent) and for international shipping (anywhere else).
- When a buyer buys a gigs which delivers physically, the buyer will be required to provide a shipping address; The Seller will be responsible for all shipping arrangements once the Buyer supplies the shipping address. ForBitcoin does not handle or guarantee shipping, tracking, quality and condition of items or their delivery and shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or other problems caused, directly or indirectly, from delivered items and their shipping.
- Tracking number is a great way to avoid disputes related to shipping. We recommend entering the tracking number if available in the order page when delivering your work.
- Violation of ForBitcoin's Terms of Service may get your account permanently blocked.
- Sellers will be able to withdraw their revenues from blocked accounts after a safety period of 45 to 90 days, depending on block reason, from day of last cleared payment received in their account and subject to ForBitcoin's approval.
- Disputes should be handled using ForBitcoin's dispute resolution tools or by contacting ForBitcoin customer support at email@example.com.
- ForBitcoin reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently cancel accounts due to misbehavior. Users with accounts on hold will not be able to sell or buy on ForBitcoin.
- ForBitcoin may make changes to its Terms of Service from time to time. When these changes are made, ForBitcoin will make a new copy of the Terms of Service available at http://www.forBitcoin.com/terms_of_service.
- You understand and agree that if you use ForBitcoin after the date on which the Terms of Service have changed, ForBitcoin will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.
- We encourage our buyers and sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails, users can contact ForBitcoin's customer support department for assistance.
- ForBitcoin will not refund payments made for cancelled orders back to the bitcoin wallet id. Refunds are made to the buyer's balance and are made available for future purchases on ForBitcoin.
Ownership and limitations (bleg...Legal stuff.)
Ownership and limitations: unless clearly stated otherwise in the gig description text, when the work is delivered, the buyer is granted all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights for the work delivered from the seller and the seller waives any and all moral rights therein. For removal of doubt, in custom created work (such as art work, design work, report generation etc.), the delivered service shall be the exclusive property of buyer. The seller expressly agrees to assign to buyer the copyright in any delivered services that do not meet the requirements of a work-for-hire under the U.S. Copyright Act. Additionally, independent of the U.S. Copyright Act, the seller agrees that unless he indicated otherwise in the gig description, once the order is completed the seller assigns along with it to the buyer, to the fullest extent possible under the law, all of its rights, title and interest, if any, in and to the delivered service and waives any and all moral rights in connection therewith.
The sellers further asserts that whatever information he received from the buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the buyer.
By offering a service, the seller asserts that it has sufficient permissions to provide, sell or resell the service that they offer on ForBitcoin.